Rules of the Program Schedule of the Program
1. For the first two weeks of the resident’s stay, there will be no visitors, no computer use, no phone calls and no writing or receiving postal mail. Staff must approve all visitors during all phases. Use of alcohol, illegal drugs or smoking is not permitted. Staff must approve non-prescription drugs. Staff can give urine drug tests.
2. No profanity or vulgarity is permitted.
3. Household chores are expected on Saturday morning until noon. Daily chores consist of keeping your assigned area clean and helping to clean up after meals and last 2-4hrs.
4. Each bedroom is to be cleaned and bed made every morning before devotions. Personal items are to be kept in cabinets, closets or dressers except for 3-4 pictures, radio and/or alarm clock, box of tissues if desired, personal journal, devotional and Bible. There will be a $.25 fine for all items left out in the room and anywhere in the house.
5. Thirty minutes of exercise is expected daily.
6. Resident is expected to attend an approved evangelical church every week.
7. Telephone privileges are limited to four 15-minute calls per 24-hour period. There must be a 30-minute interval between calls. Long distance calls cannot be made on the Refuge phone without a calling card. E-mail and computer use at the Refuge is limited to 30 minutes daily.
Cell phones belonging to the residents will be kept and charged in the office. When a resident wants to use her cell phone she will come to the office during the day and take it out for 15 minutes. After that she must return the phone to the charging station. In the evening the house manager will take phones to the residents' house for the women to use after devotions. The phones must then be returned to the house manager by 10:00pm.
8. After 2 weeks resident may spend Saturday night with her husband and/or children, returning Sunday evening by 7:00 p.m. Staff and resident will decide other overnight stays.Resident is required to be present for all meals (unless prior permission is given). Menus are planned in advance. A healthy diet is required (no sugar, artificial sweeteners or caffeine allowed). The use of pork and beef are limited.
9. Christian or classical music may be played at any time. Other members of the house should not be able to hear music unless previously agreed upon. Staff will check all tapes and CD’s.
10. There will be no arguing with the Refuge staff or other residents. Small disagreements will be handled correctly as they happen with the house manager or a counselor. Godly confrontational/communication skills are taught at house meetings.
11. Resident may work or attend school during daytime hours, Monday through Friday. Outside work hours are limited to 30 hours per week. She cannot leave the Refuge before 8 a.m. and must return by 4 p.m. The whereabouts of the residents is to be known at all times.
12. Appropriate clothing is to be worn at all times. No bikinis, short shorts or skirts, halter-tops or sexually suggestive clothes.
13. Thirty-minute naps can be taken daily between Monday and Friday.
14.No R-rated movies are to be viewed at any time; clean PG movies may be watched but are limited to two a week.
15. On a rotation basis each resident must plan and prepare dinner meals during their assigned weeks.